Saturday 19 December 2009

Ridiculous

Ok, I'm sure that any person reading this blog who lives in the UK knows this already, but for anyone outside of the UK, this was a Headline from the BBC on Friday:

Heavy snow causes travel chaos in parts of England


...and here is the Link to the story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8420057.stm 
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but err.. why the HELL should just a few inches of snow cause major road, rail, and air problems? It isn't like it is so thick that you have to wade through it. It isn't anywhere NEAR the depth of snow that Canada and parts of the U.S. get. 
So, um, why? Scotland, just a wee walk up the road, doesn't have such problems:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8418457.stm











Traffic conditions in the UK, after a bit of snow fell.



No gritting lorries available, anyone? Mayor? Just like last time, back in Feb? Hmm? No answer? Oh, okay then. 

1 comment:

  1. Hallo there!,

    Excellent post! We are pretty crap, aren't we? I remember in the good old days - for indeed I am an oldie compared to your goodself - when snow was not a problem. but was something that was expected and dealt with. Now, a single snowflake and the UK comes to a standstill.

    I do hope you have a good Christmas, take care my friend.

    Love and stuff,

    Mags. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. thanks. Can't guarantee I'll get back to you aka superman style.